Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Good Things Come in Threes

Weeks 32 - 34

I've had three weeks of losses which confirms to me that I'm heading in the right direction. It feels good to be in control of my health and making the choices I always wanted to be capable of making for myself. Some things are becoming more natural. I'm gravitating towards more healthy foods. I'm exercising regularly, although not because I want to but because I consider it to be a vital part of my day. What drives me forward is the fact that there is no going back to that life.

I walk past Portmans and Cue when I'm out shopping and I think 'one day'. They are my favourite shops and I can't wait to fit into the clothes from there.

One of the most important themes at the moment for me is acceptance. I'm learning to accept who I am as a person, inside and out and to also have patience for the amount of time it may take me to get to goal. I average half a kg a week weight loss and even though I'd love to lose a kg a week, this isn't always possible. Even losing half a kg a week is enough to stay motivated as I see the scales going down down down.

And what's really exciting is that I've now lost 17kg! It may not be 15 or 20, one of those five kg milestones but 17...wow it's really a lot of weight.

So my weight loss is going well and I'm loving family life. My husband and I are totally in love with our 9 month old son. He is so clever and teaches us things every day. I can't believe the connection I have with him and I could never have imagined how deep my love would be for him. I'm going through the process of getting our son ready for child care at the moment and he goes to ABC once a week at the moment. That's hard and it breaks my heart to leave him, but I need to work and we want to be able to give Michael a good life. In July, I go back to work four days a week, so psychologically I'm trying to arrive at a place of acceptance right now and stop fighting against that. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time and keep losing weight while time was frozen and keep my son at this age for just a bit longer. It's true that time passes too quickly.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Bec, you are doing so well. I remember when you were struggling to get to 15 kgs and now you have lost 17 kgs. Well done.

We all have our ups and downs but it's not giving up that is the key.

Look forward to hearing when you get to 20 kgs gone.