Sunday, May 10, 2009

Week 31: Wise up Bec!

I don't know what's going on but I know I haven't been as focused this week. What does that mean? It means I've eaten crap at times when I shouldn't have eaten crap and told myself that all the exercise I was doing would 'burn it off'. The penalty? A 0.8 weight gain. New total loss? 14.8. Which is lower than the 15kg I just achieved last week. I was sad, but what can I do? I only have myself to blame. I have a sweet tooth which I'm trying to curb. The question is, when will I get sick of it enough to say, I have to leave the sugar behind? It's an addiction I'm sure. This I know without a doubt: I WILL make goal. So it's just a matter of how fast now, and also whether I'm willing to let sugar slow down my process. I spoke to my husband about having a 'sugar free two weeks'. Can I do it? I sure hope so. I guess I'm the only one who can decide my success.

3 comments:

Marnet said...

Hi Bec
I know what you mean. In these colder winter days it is very hard to curb the sweet cravings.
Know this you are not alone in this battle. Hang in there, you have done great and the best is yet to come.

Marnet (SA-Girl WW)

Anonymous said...

Hi Bec, Im Deb (debsky) from WW boards. I just wanted to tell you you are not alone. I have been so down lately and can't seem to get a grip but I am determined to make it. I think you are looking beautiful and before you know it baby No2 will be welcomed by a healthy mummy.

Joanne said...

I am a sugar junkie and have noticed that now that I don't eat it as much, things that used to taste bland to me (like miniwheats for example) now taste sweet!!
Cutting back on the sugar for a short time is a good thing, will give your taste buds time to adjust but just make sure you don't feel deprived because we all know where that can end up!
Well done on your loss so far, you are doing great.